Churches of Belbroughton, Fairfield & Clent
© Benefice of Belbroughton, Fairfield and Clent
WELCOME
tte
WELCOME
Belbroughton, Fairfield and Clent Benefice In 2015, The Bishop of Worcester announced that Richard Newton had been appointed Associate Priest for the Clent Benefice. Revd Richard Newton has a special responsibility for Clent in addition to his role as Rector of St John the Baptist with St Saviour's Hagley.  The role of Associate Priest for Belbroughton and Fairfield is currently vacant.   Holy Trinity, Belbroughton Holy Trinity, Belbroughton is a “Doomsday Book” Church; a fine medieval building with a long and worthy history. Belbroughton once had an extensive manufactory for scythes, hay-knives, &c. and included the once internationally renowned scythe makers Nash & Waldron. Scythes were made in the village until 1968 St Mark, Fairfield Fairfield was a chapel of ease to Belbroughton, first erected in 1854. St Leonard, Clent St Leonard’s is a pretty, rural church, set below the south flank of Clent and Walton Hills, in the north of the county of Worcestershire. This parish has its own website here. **  Chapel of ease A building used for religious worship created (a) for the ease of inhabitants living some distance from the parish church or (b) to ease pressure on increasing numbers in the parish church. Sister Churches Welcome to our sister churches: St Peter, Broome Church Warden: Mr Michael Clark 01384 373015 St James the Great, Churchill Church Wardens: Mr Andrew Yardley 700393 St James the Great, Blakedown Church Warden: Mrs Janice Johns 700543